Seeking Governing Board
- 20 October 2014
- Last Updated: 11 February 2015
- Hits: 984
SEEKING GOVERNING BOARD CANDIDATES
Girard – Southeast Kansas Community Action Program (SEK-CAP), a 501(c) 3 not for profit agency, is seeking names for consideration as a candidate for election to the SEK-CAP Governing Board of Directors. As a Community Action Agency, SEK-CAP conforms to federal legislation requiring a tri-partite board of directors, with equal representation from the private sector, the low-income sector, and elected public officials.
SEK-CAP has one vacancy on the nine-member board and is seeking one qualified individual to represent the private sector. Names of interested candidates submitted for consideration will represent the views and interests of the general public of Southeast Kansas. Furthermore, they must:
• Express interest in assisting disadvantaged citizens by taking a leadership role.
• Demonstrate a strong interest in community capacity building around the issues of poverty.
• Have a history of accomplishment in community services.
• Reside within SEK-CAP’s twelve-county service area, which includes the counties of Allen, Bourbon, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Crawford, Elk, Labette, Linn, Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson, and Woodson.
The board position is non-salaried. The full board meets at minimum six times annually in Girard, on the third Thursday of alternating months, beginning in January, from 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Board members may be reimbursed for travel and other reasonable expenses incurred while attending meetings and transacting the business of SEK-CAP.